Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Day of Autumn

So this is the first day of autumn. You surely cannot tell it by our forecast temps for today. We have continued to have temps in the high 80's and low 90's almost every day since June. This is very unusual for this area of the country. I am not a weather forecaster, but I do have years of experience in noting the weather and weather changes. Our temps should be getting lower. We are looking for temps in the 70's this weekend. Maybe, just maybe that will happen. And some rain would be good also.

The leaves are turning somewhat and falling. Usually we get our leaves blown to the street just after Halloween. That is just a little over a month away. There are still a lot of green leaves on our trees. Makes you wonder if they will fall in that short time.
This pic was taken on our annual trek to West Virginia last year. You can see it is just one month plus a few days from now a year ago. Where it was taken? I don't know, someplace between here and northern West Virginia, probably at some rest area. Maybe even in Virginia.
This was not what I intended to write today. I got off my train of thoughts, so I will save that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive