Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 dayers: day 13

The quilt I am presently quilting is Smokey River. I bought the pattern and materials from Keepsake Quilting. I have bought several of their quilts where they have all the fabric already in the package for the whole quilt except the backing. I like to do this, even if it is more expensive that going to a fabric shop and choosing the fabric yourself. We are down to one fabric shop in our town and it is a small shop. Sometimes it is difficult to find exactly what color or shadeof fabric you want.
Smokey River was all 2 1/2 inch strips that you cut to size and shape. It has a lot of dangling threads from the strips also. So I am cleaning up the quilt as I quilt. The colors are mostly yellows and oranges, with some greens, beiges, and black figures in it. The edge is about 4-5 inches of bright dark orange. Then the quilt is bound in black figures. The squares are large, and they are diagonal on the quilt. So this one is being quilted corner to corner. I quilted my last quilt that way and it works out okay. Just that you have a lot of fabric in your lap at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive