Wednesday, November 2, 2011

31 dayers: Day 29

The beautiful Ohio River at Parkersburg, WV.
When we were in West Virginia my brother-in-law suggested we go up on Fort Boreman Hill. I have lived in Parkersburg two different times and I had never been up there on the hill. The hill is high enough to overlook all of downtown Parkersburg, WV and Belpre, OH.
Fort Boreman Hill is the hill where they used to get the mail. They had a couple of posts in the ground and they would put the mail in a pouch between the two posts. The planes would swoop down and hook the mail pouch and go back up in the air.
My sister-in-law and I were both good ones on this day. Our camera batteries was almost dead. I had to let mine regain some of its power after each picture. I got three pictures. So we decided to take some pictures with our phones. They were both too near dead to attempt taking pictures with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive