Monday, June 17, 2013

Five Flavor Cake--given to me by Barry Kughn

2 sticks margarine (I used butter)
1/2 cup Crisco
3 cups sugar (I used 1 1/2 cups splenda for baking and 1 1/2 cups sugar)
5 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups plain flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon each of coconut, rum, butter, lemon and vanilla flavorings

Combine sugar margarine, crisco until fluffy in mixer. Add eggs and beat until lemon colored. Combine flour and baking powder. Add the flour mixture alternately with milk. Add flavorings. Grease and flour large tube pan. Bake at 325degrees for 1 1/2 hours. 


Glaze
Combine 1 cup sugar (again I used half sugar and half splenda), 1/2 cup water and all 5 flavorings plus 1 teaspoon of almond flavoring. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is melted and it comes to a boil. Pour over hot cake in pan with spoon and let set until cool and glaze on top is dry. Save enough glaze for bottom and sides of cake. Turn cake upside down. While cooling outside of pan, I put more glaze on the bottom and sides of cake.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive