Friday, November 8, 2013

Apple Slaw

I got a recipe through my email for Apple Slaw. I had made a winter salad last year with lettuce, apples, and a dressing similar to Italian Dressing but with some sugar in it. This Apple Slaw recipe had it's own dressing in it also. So here goes:

Apple Slaw

10 oz shredded cabbage, I bought mine in the bag at the grocery store. It has some carrots shredded in it.
2 apples. The recipe said Granny Smith, but they are too tart for my taste. I used Gala
For dressing:
3/4 cup mayo
2 Tablespoons vinegar, I used white
1/3 cup sugar, I used Splenda
Dice apples pretty fine, add to cabbage. Mix dressing ingredients and whisk well. Add dressing to cabbage and apples and mix thoroughly.
I did not use the whole bag of cabbage, as that would be too much for us. I diced a whole apple but only used half of it. Then I put about 2 tablespoons, heaping, dressing on it and mixed it. It is a really good salad and will be on our table a lot this winter. I put the remainder of the dressing in a container with a lid. It would be good dressing for other salads.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! I'm going to have to try that one, too. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being from the South, I like my cole slaw dressing sweet. This one is sweet, plus the apples make it sweet also. I have had a little of the slaw left over each time I have made it. I put it in a covered plastic container and put it in the frig. The apples do not turn dark. I think the vinegar in the dressing does the same thing that lemon juice does for keeping apples nice and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Aunt made this for me and it is very delicious! You reminded me I need to make it too:) Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive