Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day

Yesterday was Veteran's Day. I am glad that it is a national holiday, although when it was time to check our mailbox, we had forgotten that there was no mail. This was a day to remember all the men and women who have sacrificed so we could have a great free nation. I'm sure we all know someone who is in the armed services at this time. Some are stationed in the States but some are on foreign soil. I think particularly of a good male friend of ours who is in Afghanistan. He was in the service early in his married life, but then decided to reenlist a couple of years ago. His daughter is also in the service. I appreciate men and women who are willing to give of themselves so we can be free.
As one of the bloggers I read said, there were sales, parades, and other extra activities yesterday to remind us of Veteran's Day. I am sure some schools were closed, but not having children in school, I never know when schools have a holiday.
So if you know a person in the armed services of our country, send them a letter or a card and tell him how much we appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive