Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring Is In The Air!!

It is only the end of February but you can see spring is coming. I love this time of year. I love to see the grass becoming green, the trees budding and flowering and the spring flowers coming up and blooming. Of course, with this time of year we have more violent storms. I am thinking right now of the storms/tornadoes in Middle Tennessee Thursday night. I have relatives who live there and I am always mindful of the storm warnings on the Weather Channel for that area.

My daffodils are up and have buds in them. I have tulips up about 2-3 inches. I always look for my crocuses. I think they are the harbingers of spring. My crocuses always bloom after everyones has died away. I have not seen them up yet. Our neighbor cleaned off his backyard this week. His bulb plants are really green and coming up well.

My friend in another state told me of all the robins who had come to their yard very early and then left again. I have looked and looked for robins here, but see only blue jays. Our squirrels have really been busy in the back yard lately. We watched them last winter trying to repair an old nest before a snow storm. I think they just gave up, as the nest still looks kind of decrepide. We saw scratch marks around a hole in a couple of our trees. We think they just made the nests in the hollow tree.

This is my time of year. When I get this flu finally whipped out, I hope to enjoy the out of doors!

1 comment:

  1. So enjoy your musings on spring. Love coming to your blog to look at the beautiful quilts! What intricate work! Praying you are stronger every day!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive