Friday, June 17, 2011

Anniversary

Today is our 54th wedding anniversary. We usually go out and eat on our anniversary or birthdays as we do not buy each other gifts any more. We decided to eat out last night instead of today. Fridays and Saturdays are big eating out nights in our town. We did not know that Thursday night was "kids eat free" night. We went early and got out of the restaurant before the big influx of little ones. I brought most of my dinner home as it was a humungus serving. So we will enjoy it warmed up tomorrow night.
As we were leaving to go the restaurant, I went to look at our tomato plants. We only have two, but that is usually enough for us to eat all summer and sometimes can or freeze a few pints. We had one large tomato that we were watching. It would have been really nice and ripe in just a couple of days. But some bird had pecked a hole in the side of it. So I picked it and put it in the laundry room to take up to the kitchen when we returned from the restaurant.
When we came back, for some reason, I decided to look at the tomato next to the one I had picked. It was getting really red also. You know, that dirty bird had pecked a hole in it!! So I picked it too. Now I think I will wrap some sheets around the tomato cages so maybe the birds will stay out of my tomatoes. If we did not live in town, I know where one dirty bird would be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive