Monday, April 9, 2012

Calico Joe--A Book Review

Callico Joe is written by John Grisham. Mr. Grisham usually writes books dealing with attorneys. I have read every book he has ever written and I own most of them. He is a really good writer of fiction dealing with the law.
One of his books was about a football team in Italy. It was different in that it had nothing to do with attorneys. I liked it.
Now he has written a book about baseball. I had no idea when I offered to review the book that it was about baseball. Baseball is not one of my most favorite sports. So I didn't know how this book would go after I realized it was about baseball.
I had a difficult time getting "into" the story. I think this was because I don't particular care for baseball and therefore don't know the rules and regulations of the game. Once I started reading the book though, it was pure Grisham. I could not put it down. The story line goes from the son of the baseball player as a child in one chapter to the son of the baseball player as a grown man in the next chapter. It iss a very good book.

This book was sent to me by Doubleday, a division of Random House. Incidentally the book goes on sale publicly tomorrow, April 10, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive