Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quilt Along Week 7

I never realized how difficult it is to lay a quilt top out on a carpet and get all the wrinkles out of it. My last pic of this quilt was laid on the kitchen tile floor and it was no easier.
We got the sewing machine and serger moved down to the family room yesterday. After we got it all arranged I did not feel like taking pics, sewing or anything. The quilt needed to be pressed and it is getting so big now that I have to take it to the laundry room to press on the ironing board. Got that done this morning.
So everyone else is probably doing Week 9. I still have some catching up to do. That's okay though.
This quilt along is for a twin sized quilt. Since I don't have any twin beds anymore, I would like to make mine into a double size or queen size. I wrote and asked Amandajean if she was going to give the directions for the bigger quilt or did we just continue what we are doing. Did not get an answer. So I will probably just continue with the strips and the white between. I think I have enough white left to cut more white and I think I have enough strips already cut and sewed.
This has been fun. This is the first time I have done a quilt along. I will be doing more. I have two quilt tops already for winter to come to be quilted. Well, ready--they are pieced. Need to get backing, batting and binding, but I usually do that when I am ready to quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive