Saturday, July 23, 2011

Treasuring Emma-A Book Review

Treasuring Emma is a book written by Kathleen Fuller. This book was provided by Thomas Nelson Publishing Company for me to read and write a review.

This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. I have read several books about the Amish people previously and have liked all of them. This one though, was fresh and very interesting.

Emma's mother has just died from cancer. Her father had died some years before. Emma and her grandmother lived in the family house, the house her grandparents had raised their family in.

Times are difficult for Emma financially. She had no income, and she has medical bills to pay. Her sister who is married was having financial difficulties also.

The man Emma thought she would marry had left the Amish life two years previously to go into the English world. Emma's grandmother writes to him and tells him his mother needs him at home. He comes home and then the story really gets interesting. Emma's sister's husband's third cousin shows up out of no where. He has been running from some deeds he had done in Tennessee that were not right.

I will not tell anymore about this book or I will ruin for you. I really enjoyed this book and will look for more of Kathleen Fuller's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive