Tuesday, October 18, 2011

31 dayers: Day 17--A recipe

Fudge Squares

Melt together 1 stick butter and 2 squares unsweetened chocolate.
In another bowl, beat 3 eggs.
Sift together 1 cup sugar, 4 Tablespoons flour. Sift together and stir into the eggs. Then stir into the chocolate mixture. Add 1 cup nuts.
Line bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan or spray with Pam. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Will yield 20-24 squares. And yes, 4 tablespoons of flour are all that the recipe calls for.

When cool spread this icing on it.
Melt together 1 stick of butter and 2 squares unsweetened chocolate.
Beat and add to chocolate mixture: 1 egg.
Then add 2 cups confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Beat until a consistency to spread. If too thick add a little milk. Spread on cooled cake.

I received this recipe many years ago from an elderly lady. I have noted on my recipe that the icing recipe makes too much, to make only half of it. Now I would be afraid to put the raw egg in the icing. I think I would use a few tablespoons of milk, a little at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive